Nowadays, the t shirt transfer paper is more and more popular, and people can easily print pictures and transfer the pattern on T-shirts using heat transfer paper at home.
There are some people will ask can you wash transfer paper T-shirt? What are the precautions?
We sort out the following:
1. Do not dry clean. HTP should never be dry cleaned. The harsh temperature and chemicals that are used during dry clean just do not mix well with heat transfer printer paper.
2. Wash and dry garments inside out. By turning the shirts, pillowcases, etc inside out, you’re giving the vinyl a layer of protection during the wash. While washing and drying clothes, they’re rubbing up against each other and that abrasion during washing can cause your vinyl to peel prematurely.
3. Choose cold or warm water temperature settings for the wash. When washing shirts that have coating vinyl on them, you don’t want your water temperature too high. High temperatures can weaken the adhesive on the vinyl which can cause the paper to peel or crack.
4. Use mild detergent. Detergents that are “green” can be too harsh for the adhesive on heat transfer paper for fabric. You should also avoid bleach and fabric softeners in order to make the paper last as long as possible.
5. Dry on a low/tumble setting or hang dry. Just like when washing, you won’t want to dry your heat transfer paper shirts on high heat. If you stick with tumble dry or low heat, you should be good to go. If possible, you can hang dry your heat transfer paper garments for best results. Hang drying will minimize any wrinkles you see in coating vinyl after washing.
6. Do not iron directly on a heat transfer design. Just like you never iron directly to the vinyl when applying, you won’t ever want to do that after laundering. The high heat on the vinyl will melt the vinyl and or burn the adhesive. Regardless, ironing directly on vinyl is a great way to ruin a shirt. If you must iron the shirt, make sure to use low heat and place a dish towel or cloth over the transfer.
Mastering these correct methods, we believe that the using transfer paper will last longer.